Friday, April 23, 2010

We are a Happy Family - More of the artists behind


Top: Aris Moore's cards
Bottom: Kimberley Laurenti's cards


We are a Happy Family - The Project

::


Here I posted about Thereza's cards and here about Sarajo's and Lotte's.
The other participants:

Lady Desidia: An amazing artist and illustrator. The first I've personally known to develop an ongoing line of selfmade illustrated and self-released products, such as necklaces, broochs, rings, dresses, etc. that you can find in many a shop in Spain. But if you ask me, what I best like about her art are her paintings and wooden birdhouses. Some of them take my breath away. I really want to hang one on my walls. She happens to have just opened a brand new shop in Madrid: La Antigua, and I don't see the day to pay her a visit. (See her cards in a previous post)

Alexandra Hedberg: A swedish painter and screeprint master. Her blog shows her witty and caustic humour, but also a sharp analysis of the world surrounding her, the art world in particular. Sometimes hard on herself as an artist, a vocational wrestler, she has talent oozing under her skin. Even if I like her paintings of women a lot, I can' wait to see some more children related work of hers. Also she excels in murals and tiles. (See her cards in a previous post)

Aris Moore: An American artist, I discovered her work accidentally and I'm happy I did. Her characters are moody and lost. Her sketchbooks are fantastic, full of creatures bracing themselves and floral patterns. She's been recently featured in Frankie magazine and several art blogs. Her art is addictive. (See her cards above)

Kimeberly Laurenti: An american painter based in Florida. I just can't wait to hear what her son thinks of the cards. See, some people tell me they've turned out a little girlie. Well, my nephews have played with the cards unnoticing this supposed fact, without adult prejudices. Anyway, any kid will find Kim's creatures, the mooks, attractive. For this ocassion, Kim has muted the mooks from their usual 3D to 2D. I cannot be happier with the result. (See her cards above)

If you want more info, please email me:
pintameldia@gmail.com


::


Aquí os hablé de las cartas de Thereza, y aquí de las de Sarajo y Lotte.
Más participantes:

Lady Desidia: Una artista e ilustradora increíble. La primera a la que he visto desarrollar una continuada línea de productos, hechos a mano y editados por ella misma, basados en sus ilustraciones: collares, broches, anillos, vestidos, etc. Puedes encontrarlos en muchas tiendas del país. Pero si tuviera que elegir algo de su obra, elegiría sus cuadros y sus casitas (pajareras?). Son fabulosas. Me encantaría tener una colgada de una de mis paredes. Por cierto, acaba de abrir una tienda en Madrid: La Antigua. No veo el momento de escaparme y hacerle una visita. (Puedes ver sus cartas en un post anterior)

Alexandra Hedberg: Una pintora sueca, maestra en serigrafía. Su blog es un lugar peleón dónde da rienda suelta a su humor negro y caústico, pero también donde realiza un afilado análisis de su mundo, en especial del arte. Es muy exigente y una luchadora vocacional a la que el talento le rezuma bajo la piel. Aunque me gustan mucho sus cuadros de mujeres consumistas/consumidas, me impaciento por ver más de sus ilustraciones infantiles. Por otro lado, sus murales y sus cerámicas pintadas son muy chulos. (Puedes ver sus cartas en un post anterior)

Aris Moore: Una artista americana a la que he conocido recientemente. En su blog se agolpan bocetos y dibujos con personajes de expresiones tristes, perdidos, que se abrazan a sí mismos como si estuviesen a la deriva. Su obra acaba de salir en la revista Frankie y en numerosos blogs de arte. A mí sus dibujos me parecen adictivos. (Puedes ver sus cartas arriba)

Kimberley Laurenti: Una pintora y escultora americana residente en Florida. A decir verdad, me muero de ganas por saber lo que piensa su hijo de las cartas. Por lo que me han dicho algunos, las cartas han salido un poco femeninas. Bueno, mis sobrinos han jugado con ellas sin notar este supuesto hecho, sin los prejuicios de los adultos. Bueno, creo que cualquier niño dirá que las criaturas que hace Kim, los mooks, son fantásticas. Para esta ocasión Kim ha transformado sus pequeñas esculturas tridimensionales en unos dibujos muy especiales. No puedo estar más contenta con el resultado. (Puedes ver sus cartas arriba)

Si quieres informarte mejor sobre el proyecto, escríbeme a:
pintameldia@gmail.com



Today's music:
Eels

11 comments:

grossomodo said...

ya tengo las mías lero lero!

anne said...

I've just got mine! They're even more beautiful than I thought. Thanks for your initiative :)

sixcerezas said...

son todas preciosas!

Rikke Storm said...

I have just found your blog. It is fantastic! Thanks for sharing. Please visit mine some day;)
Xx

marie-louise said...

Congrats, they looks great.
It's a nice idea!

Andrea Tachezy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrea Tachezy said...

What a wonderful cards ,I´d love to take a part. Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment during my break!

la antigua said...

Gracias Esti! Es una muy bonita familia :)
besos

lady desidia said...

La antigua era yo, gracias otra vez! Los ilustradores son increíbles...

Li Ferreira Nhan said...

Hola!
Me encantó el proyecto!
¡Es maravilloso!
Me comunicaré con usted por correo electrónico.
Saludos,
li

BETOWERS said...

oh preciosass cartitass!!
men encantan :D