Saturday, April 10, 2010

We are a Happy Family - I'll B there to C you


Top: Sarajo's cards (the Bs)
Bottom: Lotte's cards (the Cs)


::

As you know, one good thing about blogland is that you find positivism everywhere. If you don't like something you go on without stopping, and if there's something you like, you stop and enjoy. In blogland I've found a world without whiners, without cinism or acrimony, which shows our most creative and captivating side.
When I landed in Sarajo's world, I stopped to enjoy her beautiful art. Soon I discovered a comitted artist, also an artist with a way for combining different disciplines that I envy. She illustrates books and exhibits paintings at the same time that she creates pillow cases or lamps. "Noonie's Masterpiece" has just been released with her illustrations, a book I highly recomend. You can see more of her work at her web and blog.
I don't remember how I found Fruenswerk, but I remember how Lotte's collages and her sense of humor called my attention. I still remember a painting she made that I liked so much as to sketch it clumsily in one of my notebooks so I wouldn't forget it. Her circle collection still makes my day.

These are two of the artists featured in this project. Out of generosity and for a just cause. As you know, proceeds will go to Doctors without Borders.
If you are interested, please, email me.

::

Como todo el mundo sabe, una cosa buena de los blogs es que están llenos de positivismo. Si algo no te gusta pasas de largo y si te gusta te paras a apreciarlo. En los blogs he encontrado un mundo sin quejicas, sin cinismo ni mordacidad, que ofrece nuestra cara más creativa y arrolladora.

Cuando llegué al mundo de Sarajo me quedé a disfrutar de su arte. Poco a poco descubrí una artista comprometida, con una facilidad para combinar disciplinas envidiable. Lo mismo ilustra un cuento o pinta un cuadro maravilloso que diseña unos cojines o una lámpara. Acaba de salir publicado un libro con sus ilustraciones que recomiendo: "Noonie's Masterpiece".
Podéis ver más de su trabajo en su web y en su blog.
Y no recuerdo cómo llegué hasta Fruenswerk, pero sí recuerdo que los collages de Lotte y su sentido del humor me llamaron la atención. Todavía recuerdo lo mucho que me gustó un cuadro suyo, tanto que lo boceté en uno de mis cuadernos torpemente para que no se me olvidara. Su colección de círculos es algo que todavía me hace sonreir cuando la veo.

Ellas son dos de las artistas que participan en este proyecto. Desinteresadamente y por una buena causa. Los beneficios van a Médicos sin Fronteras.
Si estás interesado, por favor, mándame un email.


Today's music:
Nina Simone

5 comments:

Ciara Brehony said...

This is such a fantastic project Esti! I hope there are lots to sell because it'll be another few days before I can buy one!

And I agree with you about blogland. It is so heartening to 'meet' all these wonderful people who do wonderful things and put them out there to share with everyone else. And I include YOU in this!

C x

Anonymous said...

Esti, ¡bonita idea! ¿cómo habéis conseguido financiar este proyecto tan chulo? Un abrazo. Luna

anne said...

So good to see every little bit and to read more and more about this project of yours.

Lotte said...

Oh...you saaaay such nice things girl...:) You make me smile...thank U...
ILOVE All our cards... looks FANTASTIC...Gracias amiga haha for inviting me :)))))

Engra said...

pero que maravilla de cartas!!! son preciosas...