Friday, July 13, 2012

I won't back down





We are peering into an abyss of despair and discouragement.

The rebel in me, however, cling to its own hopes, to sunny days, to waking up late in the summer, to my daughters' innocent chatting, to good news for a friend, to the prospect of re-reading some books, to the music in my head, to benign ideas, to a stranger's smile on the street, to new projects, to see how wildflowers grow about my future shoe box.
There's always time to stand and stare at the shape of the sea.
Be a rebel.

::

Nos asomamos al abismo del desánimo y la desmotivación. 
Y yo, en rebeldía, me aferro a mis ilusiones, a los días soleados, a los despertares tardíos en verano, a las charlas inocentes de mis hijas, a las buenas noticias que le llegan a un amigo, a la perspectiva de releer algunos libros, a la música en mi cabeza, a las ideas benignas, a la sonrisa de un desconocido en la calle, a nuevos proyectos, a ver cómo crecen las flores silvestres alrededor de mi futura caja de zapatos.
Tiempo de pararse a contemplar la forma que tiene el mar.
Se rebelde.



Today's music:

2 comments:

Kaija said...

I wish you courage and strength and everything you need. I try to enjoy the strange view whatever I'm peering into. Maybe there is something you can take and use into your advantage.

I wish I had a sea here.

Unknown said...

Me gusta pensar que puedo tener mis momentos de rebeldía...
Disfruta de tus momentos...