Wednesday, June 20, 2012

On tiptoe




On tiptoe, quietly so as not to scare off the sun, or you, sleeping on a branch, or you, yawning in front of a coffee that is getting cold by the minute, or you, half-closing your eyes not to see a thing. On tiptoe, my dream slips away and leaves me with bleary eyes. I try to think how the coming days will be, but no one can anticipate anything anymore, because the world is becoming strange and asymmetrical. I wish I could go by quietly, not disturbing the hours, preserving the smiles and dreams around here.

::

De puntillas y sin hacer ruido, para no asustar al sol, ni a ti que duermes en una rama, ni a ti, que bostezas frente a un café que se enfría, ni a ti, que entornas la mirada para no ver nada. De puntillas, se escurre mi sueño y me deja los ojos legañosos. Intento pensar cómo serán los días que vienen, pero nadie se puede anticipar ya a nada, porque el mundo se vuelve raro y asimétrico. Quisiera pasar callandito, para no perturbar las horas, para preservar la sonrisas y los sueños.



Today's music:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Waking up to a sunny day