Monday, March 18, 2013

Some things change, other things don't




Years can go by and there are still things that will never change. I get a call offering me to jump in a new and pretty project and I'm excited about it the whole week. I stumble upon a wonderful vintage mirror in last weekend's flea market and I'm the happiest person in town. The sun comes out shyly on a Monday and I feel everything's warming up and the virus that had been enduring is already saying goodbye. And then, my future house, my little shoe-box under construction, has got walls and there's nothing I could get more excited about right now.
I want to listen to new music so I can feel myself dancing on new footsteps. There's still a lot to learn and experience. So, what's your suggestion?

::

Pueden pasar los años que hay cosas que no cambian. Me llaman por teléfono y me proponen un bonito proyecto y ya estoy contenta para toda la semana. Voy al rastrillo y me topo con un bonito espejo que se empeña en venirse conmigo, y me pongo supercontenta por mi hallazgo. Sale el sol un lunes y parece que todo se va templando y el virus que me asolaba, instalado de inicio en mi garganta, va despidiéndose. Y además, mi futura casa, esa cajita de zapatos en obra, ya tiene paredes, y os aseguro que hacía tiempo que nada me hacía tanta ilusión. 
Quiero escuchar música nueva, para sentir que bailo sobre caminos nuevos y que aún queda mucho por experimentar y aprender. ¿Qué me sugerís vosotros?

8 comments:

when skies are grey said...

Hi Esti, glad things are starting to change for the better. And so nice that your house is progressing :) A new band I'm loving and I think you will too is Deep Time-check 'em out!

[sen.siˈʝes] said...

such lovely news!
do you know ben howard? i am listening a lot to him lately :)

Gratistotal said...

me alegro mucho de estos cambios! cambios para que todo siga igual (lo bueno, claro)

Unknown said...

Me alegra oir que el sol empieza a brillar.
Solo te falta bailar

Unknown said...

Me alegra oir que el sol empieza a brillar.
Solo te falta bailar

bidasoaldea said...

Cuando unas puertas se cierran, otras se abren. Entra con la ilusión de experimentar lo nuevo: bailando,cantando..........Muxuak

Nader said...

Me alegra que haya pequeñas y grandes cosas que te hagan feliz. En eso consiste todo.
Mi recomendación, una obra maestra en forma de disco:
John Grant - Pale Green Ghosts

Ciara Brehony said...

Wonderful to read all your good and happy news, Esti! So happy for you!

We too are listening to Ben Howard, as well as Jake Bugg. And our teens have us all listening to Two Door Cinema Club, who are a lot of fun! xxx